Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

REBECCA'S 11-3-2011 LETTER

Hello family!
I have so much to tell you!  So, this week we did the unthinkable... we PROSELYTED in SPANISH! It was pretty crazy. Last Saturday they took us on a bus ride to Buenos Aires (downtown) and we got to spend almost 4 hours contacting people in spanish. My companion and I were scared out of our minds. BUT we set a goal to contact 20 people in the 3 and a half hours and to get at least 4 return appt. Well.... we did it! Actually we got 8 return appts and contacted 20 people! It was so hard, but I know that my prayers were answered because I understood most of what was going on. I will telll you about this one woman that we contacted... She was a mother of 8 children, and she told me that she does not believe in organized religion. She said that everyone has their own ideas about God and that she respected ours but she had her own. I asked her how she would feel if I told her that she could be with her children forever, and she said that she wasn't sure if she wanted too... haha she was funny. Well then we asked her if she wanted to feel more happiness in her life, and she said that would be amazing, because she was always so stressed. Well, we are going back on sat! I am so excited! Another woman that we contacted has been Catholic for 20 years. She is probably in her 70s. She gave us hugs and kisses every five seconds haha Well I told her about the book of Mormon, and I gave her one, and she said, this is sooo important! how did you get this information? Can I learn more about when Christ came here? It was so neat. It was hard to understand her because she had no teeth and so her Spanish was super slurred.
Yep. well that was my adventure into the land of the Latinos! I am so glad that we get to go out of here every Saturday, because these three floors where we eat, sleep and go to class start to close in on ya. Haha my companion and I are always looking out the window. It really is pretty here.
Oh yeah, Dad, The water does drain the opposite way. Its pretty funny. All of the Norte Americanos were all watching the sink drain last week when I asked if anyone had noticed that before. It was funny.
oh, tomorrow all of the Latinos leave, because they are only here for 3 weeks. Yep, there will only be 13 of us here white folk in the ccm. It will be so dead for almost a week until we get more.
So i can receive packages, but they cant be in a box, just a padded envelope. And I am glad i brought an adapter because I was the only USA missionary that did. They see a lot of use.
Oh!!!!!! Pres Christofferson is coming here!!!!! He is coming on the 12 or 13! Crazy huh? I bet he will remember our family! He is coming for a missionary pres conference and then he is coming here for us! I am so excited to hear from him again.
So my companion is so fun. Her and I get along really well. She is pretty shy, and so I have to be careful  not to walk all over her in our lessons. I am used to pauses now... you know those awkward ones that I used to not be able to stand. Yep. haha We are learning so much about how to teach. I realize that its more then the language for me... its all about the people not the lesson. I love the new PMG.
So, I mailed yall a letter today, and I included one for Jason because I only had one stamp. You should get it in 3 weeks haha keep a look out! Oh and Crycry, I gave some elders your address... they needed a buddy. Be kind... they are all knuckleheaaaaads. haha jk i love em
Welp familia I must say how much I love you all, and how glad I am to be a missionary for this gospel. Everyday I find a new reason to why I am here on a mission. Yesterday my why was because I have such a wonderful happy family. I love you allllllllll!
Hermana Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment