Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rebecca's 11-17-2011 Letter (Very Funny)

¡Hola! ¿Que tal?

I hope everyone is doing so wonderful! As always I dont have much time and so I am going to try and write fast. 

Thanks so much to everyone that wrote me! I got a wonderful letter from Sarah and Momma! Thanks so much! I am going to be able to write everyone back today hopefully.

About the Christmas package, I really would love some more pictures of the property and the treehouse and family! I miss Tennessee´s beautiful fall leaves! Summer just got started here and its pretty hot! 

So... I want to talk about last Saturday's adventure into Buenos Aires! So we were out doing our proselitismo and as usual, it was hot. Well, Hermana Toki and I were walking down the streets in a daze because it was sooo hot, and then suddenly this bee the size of a computer mouse basically, flew at us and chased us down the street! I tried so hard not to make a scene, but it was a monster, and I was so afraid that I was going to die... Hahaha anyways I don't know why I was so excited to tell that story... oh, after we ran a block or so with this beast thing chasing us, we actually met a woman who was really interested in the family aspect of the church. So blessings did follow that trial!

Something really strange happened that day. A man that we were teaching about the plan of salvation suddenly asked if we had any information about a boy seeing a vision. He said that he knew it was a random question, but he said that he had a dream that two norte americanas (one was a girl with red hair) came and told him about a boy who saw God. Wow. My companion and I didn't know what to say. We changed our contact to the first vision, and talked to him for almost an hour (because he was a security gaurd and we could teach him outside at a little station... they don't have stop signs here, its all run by guards). Well, anyways, we gave him a book of mormon, and told him to come to church. We are giving his info to the other missionaries who actually have that area. But that experience was super crazy. The only bad thing is we had to spend a good half hour talking about how come he wasn't a prophet. He was convinced that his dream about us was a vision... hahaha sorry to burst your bubble buddy.

Ah! Elder Christofferson came! It was so incredible. He recognized me, and so did his wife. He remembered our family and he said you made it here alive! Haha he also gave me a box of Alfajores to distribute to all the other missionaries. He is super nice. His message was about the importance of the Bom in our studies and in the conversion of investigators. It really is the keystone of our religion. Its pure truths cannot be denied. He said we need to study it everyday, and so that we have power when we testify of it.

I am so excited that I will have investigators to write about in a month. Yep. Super ready for that! The month mark for me being here is on sunday. Wow, time has flown by. Spanish is still super hard. We are now in the stage where our teachers just speak spanish, and they dont respond to us when we use english. Yeah, its frustrating sometimes, especially because I love to talk haha I am a toooon quieter now. (Hard to believe huh fam?)

So I want to tell you a few funny Spanish mistakes that we have made:

1. Can we come back Apple? (supposed to say tomorrow)
2. You can be forgiven of all your fish. (sins) haha this one was me!
3. Do you want to drink with your family forever? (live)
4. The Father has a body of steak and eggs. (flesh and bones)
5. They were all prophets in China. (ancient times)
6. No one is in the sock. ( in the middle of our relationship with God)
7. Can we come back naked? (later...hahaha)

Some of these were said to real investigatores on the street contacts we do. Thankfully I haven't had too embarrassing of ones out there yet! (knock on wood!)

 Please keep up on family scripture study! You should be in Helaman now huh??I love yall!!

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment