Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jason's 11-7-2011 Letter

Hello mom!
I'm glad Spencer's handwriting is improving. I'm excited for the letter! I received those pictures for Dean Flake and I will be sure he gets that letter. That's awesome that you will be able to meet the Flakes! Barry Flake is a very nice guy. You should invite Jim and Julie over as well. That's gonna be fun in the 70 degrees. I drove here to email as it was snowing! I have my new companion now. His name is Elder Sims from Wyoming. He is awesome and enjoys working hard. I have never worked as hard as I have the past couple days. I love it. Sadly Elder Sims was never able to meet the member that we stay with. Leland Smith passed away Thursday morning. We attended his funeral an hour ago. He was 82 years old. It reminded me of Grandpa's funeral and how much I miss him. It was sad but I know he's in a better place.
You keep telling me of all these improvements but I need to see some pictures of it! How big is the chicken coop? How is Biggs doing?
Is he friendly to the chickens?
I've heard a lot about that movie. That will be one that I will have to watch one day. Another movie that everyone is talking about is 17 Miracles. You should watch that.
Of the 4 converts in Snowflake 2 are rock solid and 2 are not. You were right when you said that its hot or cold. I read my blessing where it told me that the experiences that I learn on my mission will help me as a member missionary for the rest of my life. I hope to experience better success with my friends when I return.

As far as Christmas goes, all I want is a copy of all the Hallowed Journey cds! I love those things and we do a lot of driving now so it would be fun to listen to. By the way, I almost forgot to tell you that I got a truck now! I've been driving like a mad man. Tomorrow I'm going down to the valley for a meeting and will be gone for 2 days. My companion has the area to himself! That will be a great way to learn the area fast! I'm good with my eyes right now. I still have some boxes but I will let you know when I need more. I have to get on with my Monday exciting stuff as well... Laundry etc.
I love you and hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment