Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jason's 11-14-2011 Letter

That's cool you met Barry and Vernell. There are so many Flakes like that down here. I plan on giving that picture to Dean today. I was sure to save the other ones. My ward mission leaders wife's grandma is Dixie Flake who was in several of those pictures. Crazy! I will probably also need new shoes. Size 13 if you can please. What do you want for Christmas? You never told me! My comp is great. We have been working hard. There are so many great people in Snowflake. We played basketball this morning at five. That was a lot of fun. I have been asking a lot of people if they have any pictures or stories from Grandpa. I meet this one guy name Ray Flake. Except he spelled it different. I will be sure to send some of those home.
It didn't snow a lot. I enjoy having the truck though. tomorrow I'm going down to the valley again for a meeting. It feels like I just came back from one! We had stake conference this weekend and I loved it. Elder Lasweer of the seventy came and he told us a story of a Navajo man and a doctor. There was a Navajo man who was sick and went to the doctor. The doctor said he would help him if he taught him how to dance. The Navajo said, "I will teach you to dance, but I can't teach you to hear the music."
He explained that is how many of our members are today. They do the dance but they don't hear the music. The dance is coming to church, reading scriptures, FHE etc. The music is the Spirit. That is what I was doing before my mission. I was doing the dance but I wasn't listening to the music. The music is on full blast now and I don't plan on turning it down.
My relationship with God has grown so much on my mission. I would not trade that relationship with anything.
That is crazy that Josh is on the B-ball team! I told him he should try out! Just stick with it man! You will be a baller by your senior year. Spencer is getting the priesthood soon! I can't believe that. One day our whole family will be able to do baptisms at the temple. That's good to hear Ryan is doing well. I'm not gonna be homesick if you tell me don't worry! What is he doing well with. I heard Paul is going to the Philippines! Crazy! Do you know when he reports?
Just wanted to let you know all is well with Elder Flake in SnowFlake. Thanks for the letter. I love you and hope you have a great week!
Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment