Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rebecca's 11-10-2011 Letter


Family!
How was everyone's week? Mine was so crazy busy, but fantastic. I have a few things to say, and maybe I can send pictures.
So all the latinos left for their missions! It was so quiet and empty. we only had 13 missionaries in the entire ccm! It was crazy. We miss them a lot. There was this one elder named elder barreos from Peru, and he was mine and Hermana tokis favorite. He was so funny and would try to tell us all these scary stories. One day all the other elders told me that I needed to watch out... because apparently all the latino elders were joking about how they were going to cut off all of my hair and put it on their scripture cases....? yeah it was really funny. For a whole week all of them would randomly grab at my hair and joke about it. Haha crazy latinos. We have more today! We also  got 3 more US missionaries. Hermana Toki and I are now in a Trio with an Hermana from California named Hermana Collins. Yeah, we are not sure how things are going to work out yet, because she knows no Spanish and that's all our classes are in now. We will see. We love her already. She is so sweet.

Ok, as far as Spanish goes.. I am getting a little frustrated sometimes with my speaking skills. I just wish that there wasn't so many rules, and tenses. I am OK though. I know that things will work out as long as I am putting in my best efforts. I am definitely doing that!

Proselityzmo was amazing this week. Of our 6 return appts, we only got to teach 2, but that is preparing me for the future I am sure!  This week we taught this one man a lesson on the importance of the BOM. I felt the spirit so strong telling me that what I was teaching him was true. I never struggle with the language when I am bearing my testimony! Maybe that's what I should do ALL the time!

So Pres Christofferson comes this Sunday! I am so  so excited. I cant wait to let y'all know all about it.

Mom, I mailed you a letter today! I mailed another last week with stamps that I bought with Alfajores. They are these delicious things that we use like money here. They put little Debbie to shame for sure. oh, and every meal here has included spinach lately... they even wrap it up with meat... yeah no me gusta.

I love my district so much! We have all gotten pretty close! They all made up a word just for me... ustodos.... it means yall basically even though thats what ustedes is... haha oh well. They are all so hardworking.

On sunday, the president and his wife left to go to a conference, and so we were all alone in the ccm for about 9 hours! We were all so responsible, even though it was a miscommunication, and there was suppposed to be other people here. We just studied and only goofed off a little... as you will see in some of my pics!

Crystal, how are you? I miss you and love you, expect some funny letters from some elders here! ahhahaha Josh and Spence I love you both so much! Be good k? Ryan.... write me.... Quere morir? Thats what I thought....

Mom, thanks for the letter you sent. I love hearing about your life. I love you all so much!
Have an amazing week!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment