Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Monday, October 31, 2011

Rebecca's First Week in the MTC

Hello Family! 


Man, I am so excited to write to everyone! Ok, so this week has been super hard and crazy awesome... So I will try and organize all my thoughts and maybe send pictures if time allows.

Ok, so the food here is amazing actually. They have this one fruit that is kinda like a mix between a peach and a nectarine. Its pretty awesome. I eat a ton of amazing fruit, and then they serve steak all the time! The only gross thing is cow tongue.. its just a little weird. Ha I cant get over the fact that its a tongue. 

The temple is under construction and so things arent so pretty right now. Its ok though, the weather is gorgeous, and we get to go outside for and hour everyday to play futbol or basketball with the latinos. Its like playing the provedincia branch all over again. 

I love the Latinos! We got 2 new latina roommates this week, and it has been so fun! They are so patient with our language skills. They are so humble, and I feel like a horrible person around them all the time because they come from such humbling sercumstances. One hermana said that she couldn´t afford pictures of her family when I asked for them. Wow. They are so helpful with the language though. They always ask us what we learned in class. Um, we always learn a TON in class by the way. I know more spanish now then when I studied in high school and it has been one week. I kinda feel like I am in school again acutally. The latinos always pray for us to learn faster. They say that we are needed. They always talk about how much the people need our message. They say that they will do anything to help us. 

The teachers are amazing! My Hermana teacher reminds me soooo much of crycry. yep. I told her too. She is just so sweet and silly. We see the President and his wife everyday. They are americans. They work so much with us. They are proud of me bc I can understand a ton of spanish.... my speaking is lacking though.

My companionera is Hermana Toki from Utah. She flew in on the plane with me. I love her! She is tongan, and we get along so well. her and I are 2 of the 4 american sisters here, and there are only 5 latinas. This mtc is teeny. The only americans here are the ones going to uruguay. I am so lucky to be here. My district is all really close because we are the only ones that speak only english hahaha

I am so blessed to be here. words cannot describe the rollercoaster of emotions and trials that happen in just one week. Mom, thanks so so much for all your help gettin me ready. Daddy, you are amazing, and I admire you so much. Presedente reminds me of you everyday. I love my siblings so so much. 

I love you so much family! Please read your scriptures and do what is right ;) Next week I will try to get used to this weird keyboard.

love, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment