Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jason's 11-21-2011 Letter

Hello!
We have a pretty full day planned on Thanksgiving. Ted Turley is feeding us. He knew grandpa. Then our ward mission leader wants to feed us right after that. We will be fat and happy. So they are having a mini family reunion in Utah? sounds fun!
There is a story that I don't think I ever shared. The other week we were down in the valley for a meeting. That night I stayed with some missionaries in Phoenix. Elder Appiah-Knudsen and Elder Fuiava. Elder AK is from Ghana and Elder Fuiava is from Samoa. They were both really funny. Elder AK had a baptismal interview so Elder Fuiava and I headed out to contact some people. He had only been out for a transfer. I drove him to this one lady who they were teaching. As we talked she found out that I was from Snowflake.

I look for promptings every day. That is how you find miracles. I will most likely be staying up in Snowflake until January 25th. Most trainers stay with their companions for 12 weeks now because we have a two hour study program that we do now. I'm excited about staying here for the Holidays.
I actually am playing basketball on Thanksgiving early in the morning. Hopefully I can burn off all the calories I will gain during the day! Thank you for all that you do. I hope thanksgiving goes well. Enjoy all the leftovers now that I'm not there! Let me know how your thanksgiving goes!
Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment