Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Friday, July 13, 2012

Rebecca's Letter July 9, 2012


Family,

Well, I am excited that you are all going to visit the promised land and get to see all the family. Give Grandma a big hug for me. Tell her I love her so much. How is she doing health-wise? I am worried a little about her. I am happy that she is coming back to Tennessee. We all know that she just loves it. Where is she going to live?

Well, this week went by so fast. I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting, and I realized how comfortable I am with this ward and this area here in Tacuarembó. Well, we all know that means that I am probably getting transferred this week. I guess we will all find out next week!

We had such a great week with lessons. We were running the entire time! It just seems like all these little families that we are teaching just are taking all of our attention! Liliana and Fernando are so happy that their son is getting baptized. He is cutting his hair because it used to be long and pink... haha He has changed so much when he started to come to church. He is getting baptized this weekend. Miguel is marked to be baptized the 28th of this month, although I will be so so sad if I miss it, I also know that seeing him change was enough. He is such a wonderful man.

Our mission president is really amazing. I love reading his insights and emails to the mission every week. He is really focusing on how we act as missionaries right now. I know its so true that we really have to watch everything we do and say, becuase we are representatives of something so much greater then ourselves right now.

We had a crazy contact the other day. This old man started yelling at us about how he could feel in his feet that we were saying the truth. he said that there is a current in the air and that it flows into his heart... Yeah, it was super crazy. My companion and I were dying trying not to laugh because we were trying to teach his son, but the man kept inturrupting trying to teach us about how to pick up on this current. Yeah, he got mad saying that we dont know the bible, and started screaming. So I said, yes we believe in the bible and read it everyday. He then asked me where the scripture is about by their fruits you shall know them is, and I told him the exact reference, and he started crying! It was weird. He was just like, Good job, you know the bible! I love Uruguay and their crazy old people. I am just tired of them calling me blondie haha.

Well, I better go. I took off my gloves to type and Im am losing feeling in my fingers!
I love you Crystal! I hope that your bday goes perfect. I miss you!
I love you all!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment