Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Friday, July 13, 2012

Jason's Letter July 9, 2012


Hello Dad.

We received transfer news and I will be sticking it out. I will be receiving a new companion but I am not sure who. They are going to tell us soon. Right now I have two companions. Elder Hill and Elder Bingham. Elder Bingham is from Mesa and was sent home from the MTC for medical reasons. He is a great guy. We don't really give many trainings but I have always been a fan of the fun approach. I want to beat a pinata with the zone if we reach our goal. I also have a training I want to do that involves hitting someone with a pool noodle. It takes some explaining but it is a great analogy. So I am for sure taking the fun approach. Its still me! Don't worry.
I see to many missionaries that are way to uptight. Some missionaries know the white handbook more than they know their companions and their investigators and it kills me! There has to be personality in missionary work. The best member missionaries have personality. I've learned that from you.

I'm excited and looking forward to this next transfer. I really want to focus on the youth and the singles ward. I've started going to all the quorums. Last week we went to the Deacons, teachers, and priests individually and got them excited about missionary work and had them all pull out their phones and put our number in it so they could text us when their friends start coming to church.

I love trying new things in missionary work. Missionary work needs to be alive! It needs to be full of personality and enthusiasm! I love this work so much and I don't ever want it to end. Our high councilor over missionary work told us that after his mission he kept having dreams that he got his mission call again. He continued to have these dreams even after he was married. He then told us that things will never be like the mission. I hope that isn't true because I don't ever want to stop. Does it get better? I sure hope it does.

Have you lit up the bonfire yet? Who made this one? How many animals do we have now? Well I need to go but thank you for the email and I hope things cool down for you!
Love, Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment