Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Friday, July 13, 2012

Rebecca's Letter July 2, 2012

Hello Family!

How are you all doing! So this letter might be hard to write, because the elders just came in the Cyber and they are talking really loud spanish, because they know that I cant think in English when people are talking in Spanish. Yeah, they are funny. So they dont have the saying, Its raining cats and dogs in Spanish... because I tried to use it today and it didnt go so well haha. But for sure it has been raining a TON. The night before last we were walking up this hill and it started to rain just a little bit. So, we started to walk faster, and then it started POURING like a river! we couldnt walk up the hill quickly because it was like hiking a creek! Hahaha It was super funny! We were both screaming and laughing so hard! Our bikes dont have spoilers... and so when it rains we end our bike rides with mud up our backs! Haha I am having so much fun! I have really just given up on looking and smelling nice... Dont worry, Im not disgusting, I think I have just become so Uruguayan!

This week was amazing. We really pushed through some strange obstacles like divisions with the hermanas in the other Zone, and then we both got really bad coughs. We decided it was because our house was covered with mold... haha and so we attacked it today. We really clean everyday, but mold can grow in something here overnight. It doesnt help that nothing is drying becasue it is SO HUMID.

We are teaching 2 new little families. We are hoping that they will pull through. The husband of one of these families said the other day, "Of course I will pray about the Book of Mormon! I want to feel this peace and happiness that you are talking about!" He is going to progress quickly! I can just tell when certain people are the "work in progress type" and when they are "searching with hunger" type. They are both fun to teach, but their is really a huge difference.

Well, I have huge news... MIGUEL IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!! Yep, he finally accepted a day, in a very very round about way. I asked him to pray about a list of days, and he accepted, well it turns out that July 28th is the birthday of his son that passed away. Well, then we went back and he said that he was praying about it and that that day was the most probable. I knew that he wasnt going to up and say that this day was THE DAY. haha and so I asked him in a round about way... Super awkward like... I said "So... if you were to be baptised this day.. who would you want to baptize you?" He told me the bishop, because he is strong and Miguel is huge and also because they are friends. Then I said, "well is it ok if we tell Bishop that you are getting baptized that day so he can get ready?" Haha he said YES! Perfect! Now I just have to stay another transfer to be able to see it, because transfers are in 2 weeks already! Time has just flown by this cambio!

Well, have I told yall lately how much I love this work? Well, I do. It is the most exausting and yet fulfilling thing I have ever done in my life! I am so excited to start everyday, and to read and study for the people here in my part of the Lords vineyard! I am almost finished with the Book of Mormon in Spanish. I have learned so much going this slowly. I just love it so so much.

Well, I think that is all I have for this week! I loved the pictures so much Crycry. I am printing them off! 

I love you all so much!
Besos, 
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment