Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hermana Flake's Arrival in Argentina

Hello Family!

I cant even say how excited I am to write to you! Wow, it has been a trip, but I am here. This email will be short, but I promise to write in more detail next week. They told me that it is best if yall think of questions to ask me and I will answer them when I have more time.

So Argentina is beautiful. I came here with 6 other elders and 1 sister. When we were about to board, a sister lost her visa! I had to help her search everywhere, and then we said a prayer. We felt like we should still get on the plane and trust that something would work out. When we were in the air, a worker came back and gave her her visa! she said that someone found it! Wow. When we flew into Argentina (after the longest 11 hours of my liiiiiiife) We were thrown into the customs and I descovered that I was the only missionary that spoke any spanish. Wow... That was an adventure. I changed everyones money and got us hooked up with our driver. I really wish that I did Rosetta Stone a little more now... I think I understood 5 percent of what was going on, but we made it here to the MTC.The airport here was scary. I had all of the money for our group and the driver kept telling me in spanish that outside was so dangerous so I had to stay close to him. Yep. I listened. There is only a few rooms. I am guessing this place holds only 40 missionaries from what I have seen. The rest of them already speak spanish...and nothing else haha.

Now that I am here, I am so glad that I packed smart. I have 5 more minutes to write and then I have interviews.

Ok, so I ate lunch here... it was super dross. Haha I am excited to force myself to eat a ton of meat and rice every day. I love the pudding though.

Familia, I love you all so much. I know that Heavenly Father sent me here for a reason. I guess I have another 18 months here to figure it all out.

The teachers dont speak much english, and so I am sure that I will learn spanish so fast! I am so excited! I gave out 4 pass along cards on the way down. One person said that they were going to look up my blog, so Momma, please keep it updated. I love you so much Mom, and I guess the rest of you too. Thank you for your prayers. Oh, and make sure that you all do family scripture study!

I love this gospel. It is so perfect and peaceful and true. That is why I know I can make it through this stressful time.

Hermana Flake

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited you are doing this blog!!!! Yeah I love missionaries! Always have maybe that is why I became one! I'm going to mark this as one of the blogs I follow! Flakes RULE!
    Jessica (sis H)

    ReplyDelete