Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Monday, October 31, 2011

October news. Jason a D.L. and Trainer


Hey family! How's it going? Things are going great down here in Snowflake! The weather is starting to get cold. We will be getting a truck for transfers on Wednesday! At least that's the plan. Speaking of transfers, we got news on Saturday. Sadly Elder Jones will be leaving but I know he will love Mesa. We worked hard together and I know he will have a good time in the warm weather down there! I don't know who my new companion is. Right now he is still at the MTC. That is a crazy thought. I go down to the valley to pick him up. My ward mission leader was wanting to pull a prank on him. He wants us to tract on his door and then chase us with an axe! That would be exciting. Last PDay I visited the Stinson museum. That was the adobe home that William Jordan Flake bought along with the ranch. It was really cool. I went with Noah Flake who is leaving on his mission tomorrow. In one of these pictures I'm wearing William J. Flake's hat! I love visiting these sites and knowing that this is where my ancestors have been. Noah also took me by a road called Flake Avenue. There are tons of Flakes that subdivided the family ranch and settled there. That's what we should do with our plot of land! It sounded like you had a blast at the Fall Festival up there. Of course you pull out the banjo's when I leave! haha. We had a fun Halloween party with the ward down here. We had a trunk or treat and everyone came and parked their cars and decorated them. We only had bikes so we decorated those and passed out candy and Mormon.org cards! It was a lot of fun. This week will be a hectic week but I'm excited to go to work. There are so many people whose lives are changing as they do those simple things like come to church and pray. It has been amazing to see. I miss you guys but I'm loving it here right now. I hope you have a great Halloween today and don't eat to much candy! Unless it's a Snicker. 




Love, Elder Flake





No comments:

Post a Comment