Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Elder Jason Flake and Hermana Rebecca Flake

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Elder Flake July 4th


Hello Flake Family!
Things are going good down here in Mesa. I am currently still in my first area and have been here for five months! So far it has been the best five months of my life!  I could potentially get transferred to Snowflake! So many people ask if I'm related to the Flakes up in Northern Arizona. A lot of people don't realize that  Flakes exist elsewhere in the world! If I were to stay in Snowflake there is a Flake family that houses missionaries. I could live with my family! That would be crazy. I've also run into a lot of people that have met our family. At the MTC, I had a teacher who served in Vegas with Justin. Also, a returned missionary in my ward said that he served with a Sister Flake who would cut off raccoon tails that were on the side of the road. That was Megan of course. Also, there was a boy named Jake Cotter who was down from St. George visiting family who goes to school with Andrew. Its a small world! I also was able to meet congressman Jeff Flake. He is currently running for senate. He has my vote! The mission is going great! Even the other day when it was 117 degrees outside! Unfortunately, our bikes don't have air conditioning. Its a good missionary tool though. We just fake that we are having a heatstroke on someone's doorstep and they have to let us in. I love working with the members down here. They are the finders! We keep busy even though we cover about a mile square. Well I hope ya'll have fun at the reunion! I was looking at the schedule from the newsletter. It looks like a lot of fun! My favorite part is the missionary letter part. I'm not sure exactly what that is but it sounds fun. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment